What happens if I’m in an accident? What if my car gets totaled?

If you are involved in an accident that results in damage to your vehicle with an Upstart loan, please notify Upstart Servicing by calling (650) 251-4787 or by sending an email to auto.servicing@upstart.com so we may begin working with your insurance provider to assess the damage. Should your insurance provider determine the damage to be a total loss, the estimated value of the vehicle will be sent directly to Upstart, where it will be applied to the balance of your loan.

If your insurance provider determines the damage minor enough to be repaired, you will work with your insurance provider to have the necessary repairs completed.

Was this article helpful?