Prior to payoff of your current lienholder, if your credit history indicates any of the events below have occurred, your application maybe disqualified. A subsequent disqualifying event means:
- The qualifying credit score drops (i) more than 20 points since the time of the credit report used to determine your current rate, and/or (ii) below 490;
- Your monthly debt obligations* listed on your TransUnion credit report(s) increase by more than the greater of (i) three percent of monthly income, or (ii) $200, since the time of the credit report used to determine your current rate, and you did not previously disclose the existence of such debt obligations;
- If any of the accounts on your credit report are currently in collections or 30 or more days delinquent; or
- If there is a hard inquiry or new account on your credit report since the time of the credit report used to determine your rate.
Your application will also be disqualified if any of the following occurs after you’ve accepted your loan terms:
- Your co-owner does not sign the e-mailed consent form or any additional authorizations as required by your state of residence;
- We are unable to verify sufficient auto insurance; or
- You have second liens or other unresolved issues that would impede the process of adding Upstart as your lienholder.
* Debt obligations are made up of installment accounts, mortgage or rent, and revolving credit. This calculation is separate from the debt-to-income calculation.